- The type of data or information that You share with or provide to Cogoport and that Cogoport collects from You;
- The purpose for collection of such data or information from You;
- Cogoport's information security practices and policies;
- Cogoport's policy on sharing or transferring Your data or information with third parties.
Information collected and storage of such Information:
- The Information (which shall also include data) provided by You to Cogoport or collected from You by Cogoport may consist of "Personal Information" and "Non-Personal Information".
- Your/Your Organization's Name
- Your postal address
- Your telephone and fax number
- Your e-mail address or other contact information
- Business contact information (such as job title, department and organization's name)
- Government-issued identification documents
- Country or origin information
- Contact information of colleagues, business partners or other people provided
- Usernames and passwords to access Cogoport's Website
- Information regarding Your transactions on the Website, (including sales or purchase history)
- Content such as photos, articles, comments provided
- Your financial information such as bank account information or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details
- Internet Protocol address
- Any other items of "sensitive personal data or information" as such term is defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices And Procedures And Sensitive Personal Data Of Information) Rules, 2011 enacted under the Information Technology Act, 2000:
- Identification code of Your communication device which You use to access the Website or otherwise deal with any Cogoport entity
Any other Information that You provide during Your registration process, if any, on the WebsiteSuch Personal Information may be collected, either manually or by automated means, with regards to services We provide including during the course of You:
- registering as a user on the Website
- registering as a seller on the Website
- availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to making an offer for sale, online purchase, participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with Cogoport's customer service by phone, email or otherwise or posting user reviews on the items available on the Website
Non-Personal Information: Cogoport may also collect information other than Personal Information from You through the Website when You visit and/or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information would not assist Cogoport to identify You personally.
This Non-Personal Information may include:
- Your geographic location
- details of Your telecom service provider or internet service provider
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.)
- the operating system of Your system, device and the Website You last visited before visiting the Website
- The duration of Your stay on the Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of Your access
Ads: Cogoport may use third-party service providers to serve ads on Cogoport's behalf across the Internet and sometimes on the Website. They may collect Non-Personal Information about Your visits to the Website, and Your interaction with Our products and services on the Website.
The information Cogoport collects from Your web browser and from Cookies and Other Technologies does not identify You personally but in some cases, Cogoport may link it to personally identifiable information.
Aggregated Anonymous Data
Cogoport may obtain and aggregate technical and other data about Your use of the Site and Services that is non-personally identifiable with respect to You (“Aggregated Anonymous Data”). Cogoport may use the Aggregated Anonymous Data to improve, support and operate the Services. However, You will not be identified as the source of any Aggregated Anonymous Data and no personal information will be collected as a part of Aggregate Anonymous Data.Purpose for collecting, using, storing and processing Your Information
Cogoport collects, uses, stores and processes Your Information for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processes in accordance with the consent of the user) connected with a function or activity of each of Cogoport entities and shall include the following:
- to facilitate Your use of the Website or other services of Cogoport entities;
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the various products and services offered on the Website;
- to provide You with information about products and services available on the Website and to send You information, materials, and offers from Cogoport;
- to send You important information regarding the Website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send You surveys and marketing communications that Cogoport believes may be of interest to You;
- to personalize Your experience on the Website by presenting advertisements, products and offers tailored to Your preferences;
- to help You address Your problems incurred on the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- if You purchase any product or avail of any service from the Website, to complete and fulfil Your purchase, for example, to have Your payments processed, communicate with You regarding Your purchase and provide You with related customer service;
- for proper administering of the Website;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- to improve the services, content and advertising on the Website;
- to provide value added services such as Single Sign On. Single Sign On shall mean a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter his/her name or mobile number or e-mail address or any combination thereof and password in order to access multiple websites and applications;
- to facilitate various programs and initiatives launched by Cogoport or third party service providers and business associates
- to analyse how Our services are used, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to facilitating payments
- to conducting academic research and surveys
- to protect the integrity of the Website;
- to respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- to conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behaviour, user preferences etc.;
- to permit third parties who may need to contact users who have bought products from the Website to facilitate installation, service and any other product related support;
- to implement information security practices;
- to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud,
- to undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of investigation or internal audit;
- to trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law including the Information Technology Act, 2000 that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on any Website or by Cogoport;
You hereby agree and acknowledge that the Information so collected is for lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of each of the Cogoport entities or any person on their respective behalf, and the collection of Information is necessary for the Purposes.Sharing and disclosure of Your Information
Links to third party websites
- This policy is global in nature and governs Our data protection practices whether We collect Your personal information through one of Our website, through application software or through other means. When We collect information about You other than through one of Our Website, We will first obtain Your permission to do so, if and as required by applicable law. However, by using any Cogoport Website on which this policy is posted, You agree that this policy governs Our collection, use, and disclosure of any personal information submitted to Us on or through that website. If You do not agree to be bound by this policy, You cannot access or use Our website and/or use Our application software. You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that Cogoport may transfer, share, disclose or part with all or any of Your Information, within and outside of the Republic of India to various Cogoport entities and to third party service providers/partners/banks and financial institutions for one or more of the Purposes or as may be required by applicable law. In such case We will contractually oblige the receiving parties of the Information to ensure the same level of data protection that is adhered to by Cogoport under applicable law
- If You are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, Cogoport complies with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland including the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and, as of May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The following Cogoport entities in Europe may process personal data provided from the Cogoport Europe website and/or may be considered the responsible party under Your local law:Name: Carmit Glik
Address: CIC Rotterdam,
Stationsplein 45, 4th floor, 3013
AK Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Cogoport may also share Personal Information if Cogoport believes it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of various terms and conditions or Our policies.
- We reserve the right to disclose Your information when required to do so by law or regulation, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If You are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, You may direct Cogoport not to share Your personal information with third parties, except (i) with service providers Cogoport has retained to perform services on its behalf, (ii) in the event Cogoport sells or transfers all or a portion of its business or assets, (iii) if disclosure is required by law or legal process, (iv) with law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (v) when Cogoport believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or other illegal activity unless Cogoport has a legal basis, such as consent, to use it for other purposes. Where required by law, Cogoport obtains Your prior opt-in consent at the time of collection for the processing of (i) personal information for marketing purposes and (ii) personal information deemed sensitive pursuant to applicable law. To update Your preferences, contact Us to remove Your information from Our mailing lists or submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- You further agree that such disclosure, sharing and transfer of Your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall not cause any wrongful loss to You or to any third-party, or any wrongful gain to Us or to any third-party.
Security & Retention
- Links to third-party advertisements, third-party websites or any third- party electronic communication service may be provided on the Website which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with, Cogoport unless expressly specified on the Website.
User discretion and opt out
- The security of Your Personal Information is important to Us. Cogoport strives to ensure the security of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, Cogoport adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Cogoport stores Your Personal Information. Each of the Cogoport’s entities shall adopt reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of Your Information. Provided that Your right to claim damages shall be limited to the right to claim only statutory damages under Information Technology Act, 2000 and You hereby waive and release all Cogoport entities from any claim of damages under contract or under tort
- If You choose a payment gateway to complete any transaction on the Website then Your credit card data may be stored in compliance with industry standards/recommended data security standard for security of financial information such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- Cogoport may share Your Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides for such third parties not disclosing the Information further unless such disclosure is for the Purpose. However, Cogoport is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. Cogoport is not liable for any loss or injury caused to You as a result of You providing Your Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, even if links to such third-party websites are provided on the Website).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Cogoport shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
- A "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Cogoport and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of Cogoport), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
- While We will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which We hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, You acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that We cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of Your Personal Information.
- You agree that all Personal Information shall be retained till such time required for the Purpose or required under applicable law, whichever is later. Cogoport will annually evaluate this necessity with Your privacy, Our relation and the applicable legislation in mind. Non-Personal Information will be retained indefinitely.
- Cogoport’s websites are not intended for children under the age of sixteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. Please contact Us to take appropriate action if You believe that a child has submitted personally identifiable information on or through Our website without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian.
You agree and acknowledge that You are providing Your Information out of Your free will. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law and provided Cogoport can authenticate Your identity, You can contact Cogoport at email@example.com or send mail to: Office No. T-2, 3rd floor, Pinnacle Business Park, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400093, Maharashtra, India to:
- Access, verify, correct, update, amend, restrict, object to, or later on withdraw Your consent, or delete any personal information Cogoport has about You.
- Review the information Cogoport retains, how it has been used, to whom Cogoport has disclosed such information to.
- Opt to transfer Your personal data.
- Change preferences regarding how Your personal information is disclosed.
- Notify Cogoport if You do not want Your data to be processed anymore.
- Notify Cogoport if You do not wish to receive further communication from Cogoport.
We will respond to such requests in reasonable time within the time limits established by the applicable law.
In the event that You opt out, You should neither visit any Website nor use any services provided by Cogoport entities nor shall You contact any of the Cogoport entities. Further, Cogoport may not deliver products to You, upon Your order, or Cogoport may deny You access from using certain services offered on the Website.Grievance Officer
- For Cogo Freight Private Limited, Mr. Nishant Dalmia, the designated grievance officer under Information Technology Act, 2000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DPO Name: Mr. Nishant Dalmia
Postal address: Office No. T-2, 3rd floor, Pinnacle Business Park, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400093, Maharashtra, IndiaBusiness/Assets Sale or Transfers
- You are also under an obligation to use this Website for reasonable and lawful purposes only, and shall not indulge in any activity that is not envisaged through the Website.
- is clear and easily accessible and provide statements of Cogoport policies and practices with respective to the Information;
- The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Website ("Marks") are the property of Cogoport or their vendors or respective third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior consent of Cogoport, the vendor or the third-party that may own the Marks.
- provides for the various types of personal or sensitive personal data of information to be collected;
- provides for the purposes of collection and usage of the Information;
- provides for disclosure of Information;
- provides for reasonable security practices and procedures.