25 May 2022 • 5 min read
Future of Chemical Logistics in India
International Logistics plays a vital role in the Chemical Industry.
As the growth of the Chemical Industry skyrockets, so does the logistics aspect of it.
The market share of the chemical industry is 178 billion USD of the entire global industry, which is expected to be 300 billion USD by 2025. India holds a strong position in the exports and imports of chemicals at a global level, ranking 14th in exports and 8th in imports.
Chemicals are used in nearly 96 percent of the manufactured items, making dependence on the chemical industry crucial and very high. As a result, logistics in the chemical industry also remain vital. According to Predence Research, the market size of chemical logistics was valued at 265 billion USD in 2021. With a CAGR of 4 percent, the industry is on the rise. By 2026, the Indian speciality chemical industry is predicted to double its global market share to roughly 6 percent. As a result, India is importing aggressively, especially from China. About 77 percent of antibiotics, 25.8 percent of mixed minerals, and 69 percent of NHCs are imported from China.
Top 5 chemicals imported to India
- Nitrogen Heterocyclic Compounds – With a total market value of about 10 billion USD, NHC was the highest imported chemical. These are sourced mostly from Jinan, Qingdao, and Zibo. Major countries NHC is exported from China are India (15 percent), the US (11 percent), Japan (5 percent), and South Korea (4 percent).
- Antibiotics – The market value of antibiotics is about 4 billion USD. Major importers from China are India (25 percent), the Netherlands (5 percent), and the U.S. (4 percent).
- Nitrogenous Fertilizers – India again remains the biggest importer by importing about 30 percent of 2.8 billion USD worth of these fertilizers from China. The other major importers are Brazil and South Korea.
- Mixed Mineral or Chemical Fertilizers – With a market value of 3.6 billion USD, Mixed Minerals are the fourth most exported chemicals. About 636 million USD worth of chemical fertilizers are imported to India.
- Oxygen Amino Compounds – The export value of oxygen amino compounds is about 4.4 billion USD in China.
Interested in International Logistics for Chemical Industry?
Cogoport, with five years of unprecedented experience in end-to-end shipping and logistics management aids importers in overcoming several trade challenges related to planning, booking, and executing shipments by helping shippers with rate discovery, booking shipments, and container tracking, credit solutions, and many more. We also have a dedicated supply team for trade from China and other Far East Asian countries.
If you’re interested in door-to-door service, we offer attractive rates and exemplary service for the countries mentioned above.
Back to blog page